Welcome to my little recipe box on the net. This is a place for me to share my family's favourite recipes with friends and relatives. Some have been handed down through the generations and some I have just collected over the years. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do and that I don't make you too hungry. *g*

Monday, December 12, 2005

Fluffy Shortbread

Here is a lighter form of shortbread that I grew up with. These are one of my favourite Christmas cookies. They are some times referred to as "Whipped Shortbread" as well.

Fluffy Shortbread

2 cups margarine
1 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
3 cups flour
1 tsp vanilla

Beat together until it is like whipped cream. Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Do not touch with hands. Press cookies down with a fork that has been dipped in water.

Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Makes approximately 8 to 9 dozen. Garnish with pieces of red or green cherries before cooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home