Welcome to my little recipe box on the net. This is a place for me to share my family's favourite recipes with friends and relatives. Some have been handed down through the generations and some I have just collected over the years. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do and that I don't make you too hungry. *g*

Monday, November 28, 2005

Vinegar Pastry

Vinegar Pastry

5 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 1/3 cups shortening
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp vinegar
cold water as required

Combine dry ingredients. Cut in shortening. Beat one egg, add 1 tbsp vinegar and cold water to make 3/4 cup of liquid. Add dry ingredients. Refrigerate for half an hour before rolling out.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not since dear old Granny have I had a pastry piecrust that has been so light, thanks for revealing her secret ingredient-vinegar. At long last we can enjoy home cooked Apple Pies and not feel cheated that Granny went to her grave telling us her secret.
Thankful, Perth, Western Australia and
Massachusetts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home