Welcome to my little recipe box on the net. This is a place for me to share my family's favourite recipes with friends and relatives. Some have been handed down through the generations and some I have just collected over the years. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do and that I don't make you too hungry. *g*

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Classic Scottish Shortbread

Of course, being Scottish, it's not Christmas without our traditional Scottish Shortbread. Here is the recipe that has been handed down in our family. Enjoy them.

Classic Scottish Shortbread

2 cups margarine
1 cup berry sugar
3 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup rice flour

Cream margarine well. Blend in sugar. Combine flours, using wooden spoon, gradually blend into creamed mixture. Press into ball and knead lightly on floured board until smooth.

Pat dough into two 9-inch square cake pans or into large round about ½ inches thick on baking sheets. Prick all over with fork. Bake at 275°F oven for 45 minutes (faintly brown). Let cool thoroughly before storing in tins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home