Welcome to my little recipe box on the net. This is a place for me to share my family's favourite recipes with friends and relatives. Some have been handed down through the generations and some I have just collected over the years. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do and that I don't make you too hungry. *g*

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Nanaimo Bars - Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars

Base:
3 squares semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 cup butter
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 cup graham wafer crumbs
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Melt chocolate and butter in microwave on high power 2 minutes. Mix in sugar, vanilla and egg. Add crumbs, coconut and walnuts. Press into 9-inch square pan. Chill.

Filling:
2 tbsp custard powder
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp soft butter
½ cup smooth peanut butter
2 cups icing sugar

Using electric mixer, beat together all ingredients. Spread over base. Chill.

Icing:
5 squares chopped semi-sweet chocolate
1 tbsp butter

Melt chocolate with butter in saucepan on medium power 3 to 4 minutes. Spread over filling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home